Late last year, I got the invitation to design a quilt with the new 2015 Cotton + Steel fabrics. The invite came from none other than . . . Craftsy! Of course, I said "Yes!" I received the fabric for this quilt around the holidays and stitched it up the first couple weeks of January. Now that the quilt kit is LIVE on Craftsy, I am happy to show it off!
I stitched up this quilt top on my Baby Lock Melody and and quilted it on my Tiara II (with my favorite free-motion rectangles pattern). It is completely luxurious to have so much room to move my quilt around without rolling it into a tightly wound burrito.
Photo via Craftsy
Glass Half Full II (a 65" x 89" twin-sized quilt), is available as a kit from Craftsy. I chose my favorite prints from the early 2015 Cotton + Steel collections. This was, of course, excruciating to narrow it down to just 15 prints. Because C+S fabrics play so well together, everything looked good. The kit features my faves from:
- Melody Miller's Playful collectionIsn't is so cool how well these fabrics from 5 different collections work together? The binding is a navy blue text print. If you'd like, you can even pick up 5 1/2 yards of gorgeous, navy-blue C+S backing fabric to go with this quilt kit!
- Rashida Coleman-Hale's Mochi collection
- Alexia Abegg's Mesa collection
- Kim Kight's Cookie Book collection
- Sarah Watts's Tokyo Train Ride collection
Treat yo' self to the Cotton + Steel Glass Half Full Quilt Kit here.
I resized and modified my crib-sized quilt of the same name and completely revamped the instructions to make it more straight-forward and to make the best use of the materials. It comes with full-size templates, assembly diagrams, and tutorial-style color photos to guide you step by step. My friend Mary designed the cover, templates and pattern, so it looks really fabulous.
See the Glass Half Full II pattern on Craftsy here.
Giveaway!I'm giving away 3 PDF copies of the new Glass Half Full II quilt pattern. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway