Found an owl-dorable stitched ornament in my mailbox, thanks to Toni! Don't you just want to eat him up? Toni drew my name in the ornament swap here on my blog, and she sent some delicious chocolates too!
Stitched up the smallest size of the Lined Drawstring Bag pattern by Jeni at In Color Order. Since it's so tiny, I used ribbon for the drawstring instead of fabric. Now, who will get this for Christmas...?
Went to a fundraiser concert and two holiday parties, one of which was with the ladies of the Indy Modern Quilt Guild. Received another fab ornament (of our guild's logo!) and spent so much time snacking and chatting that I really didn't sew a thing.
Stayed up late quilting, to make up for a weekend of not much sewing. How was your weekend?
Some Crafty Links
- Mixed Media Artist: If you’ve still got any autumn leaves available, here’s a pretty idea for using them up!
- Stefanie Girard’s Sweater Surgery: How to make a recycled sweater wreath with a candy style bow.
- About Family Crafts: Play along with the current craft challenge and submit an angel craft or two.
- Carmi’s Art/Life World: A post about remembering the December birthdays!
- Craft. You.: This week on Craft. You.: Heather Mann of Dollar Store Crafts
- Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at our crafty world: This week at Craftside there is a fun new video on how to tint gesso with pastels by Traci Bunkers, tutorials on how to draw Christmas trees and poinsettias, tips on cleaning glassware, and a yummy recipe for vegan maple bacon doughnuts.
- Aileen’s Musings: Aileen not only offers you a fantabulous Glitzy bleached Christmas tree project but also a giveaway on her blog this week!
- Eileen - The Artful Crafter: Do you know about yarn bombing? Whimsical hand knit and crocheted art is circling the globe!
- Crafty Princess Diaries: Tammy takes a look at a craft book packed full of projects.
- Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter: It’s a video! It’s two craft projects with instructions! It’s RETROFABULOUS! Yay!