Thanks to your encouragement, I started a huge fabric earrings project, which is going to be a great ongoing fundraiser as we continue to work toward adopting. One thing I love about the online sewing community is the chance to grow and learn from each other, whether that is through tutorials, sew-alongs or following all of your lovely blogs. :) Some of the highlights of my year in sewing were:
- Sewing the Jamie Dress during the Sew-Along at Sew Sweetness.
- Being a part of the 12 Gifts of Christmas Blog Hop and the 12 Days of Christmas Sampler Quilt-Along.
- Joining the 4x5 Modern Bee.
- Making my Bottled Rainbows Quilt with Stitched in Color.
- Participating in two rounds of the Goodie Bag Swap on Flickr.
- Joining the Billboard Quilt-Along hosted by Oh, Fransson.
- Hosting Craft Book Month
- Taking part in two fabric challenges with the Indy Modern Quilt Guild. You ladies rock!
I was also thankful to see some of my projects in print and continue to work with my friend Mary on our shared blog Craft Buds, a site we launched in March. In fact, we were able to share our tutorials and handmade business tips with readers in 176 countries. I'm blown away by the reach of the Internet and the lightning speed at which I can make something in my craft room and share it with someone across the globe.
In 2012, I'm excited to . . .
- Write my first quilt pattern. In fact, this should be coming soon!
- Be a featured seller on Heartsy on 1/16.
- Host a sewing retreat for my quilt guild in March.
- Sew myself a couple shirts from my newly acquired Make it Perfect patterns.
- Make friends with my free-motion foot.
- Meet up with inspiring sewists (maybe you?) at Quilt Market and Sewing Summit.
- Create lovely quilts with the Mod Stitches Bee.
- Avoid last year's sewing-related injuries.
Jessica invites you to link up your year-in-review posts. It doesn't matter if you've sewn two things or cranked out two hundred projects this year. We are all in this to learn and share what we love.
Sew Mama Sew invites you to link up your sewing industry reflections & predictions.
And we're having a link party for all types of goals (crafting and personal) over at Craft Buds. Join us!
Have you made some sewing or blogging goals for the new year? I'd love to hear the ONE thing you are most looking forward to, whether it's an event, acquiring a new skill or finishing some works in progress.