...I had to take a detour to the E.R. Yep, needle went into my finger, through the nail, and broke off inside my finger.
Thankfully, it was a clean break and stayed all in one piece. About 30 minutes later, and my husband and I were home.
Ouch! Yep, the needle was pretty much as long as my finger is deep. But all is well, and I can totally still sew. Except for the fact that I'll need to run out for needles tomorrow. (Broke three tonight on my very thick quilt. Well, that's not true, because one one of them was broken through my finger, but, you know.)
And here's something prettier to look at: my hexagons from a wedding road trip earlier this weekend! Ahhhh...
Should I get back on the horse and finish her up tomorrow? Maybe I'll just cool it for a day and treat myself to a red, white & blue popsicle, or something. Happy 4th!
Some crafty links from the past week:
- Mixed Media Artist: Cyndi got inspired by an old lullaby this week!
- Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery
See how to make an American flag motif 4th of July decoration from Christmas ornaments on a chain link fence.
- Eileen - The Artful Crafter: 3D Paper Tole work is very popular on The Continent. Watch this video illustrating how you can take your decoupage into the next dimension.
- Craftside- A behind-the-scenes peek at our crafty world: This week at Craftside there are 4 pattern adjustments from the book Tailoring, a cute doll purse pattern, recipes for vegan bacon cheeseburgers, homemade vegan bacon bits and a Nectarine and Nasturtium salad with a simple summer vinaigrette.
- Carmi's Art/Life World: Carmi experiments with a transfer technique on resin clay.
- Aileen's Musings: Aileen has reposted her tie-dyed deli paper background technique and some freebie fractal backgrounds.
- About Family Crafts: The current make-it-over craft challenge is handprint crafts! Do you have one to share?