The idea is simple: find a local shelter in need, and call them to ask what they need (paper towels, toothpaste, etc.). Donate it and comment on Cara's blog to let her know that you did.
I loved reading Cara's story of how she stumbled upon a sign and felt compelled to drive out of her way to buy paper towels, an item that is seldom taken for granted at her house, and then donate them to a local women's shelter. I hope the crafty blogosphere really takes Cara's challenge to heart!
Prizes for taking part include:
- The Fat Quarter Shop, $50 gift certificate
- 1 Choice 4 Quilting, TWO $50 gift certificates
- Kona Fabrics, 10 copies of Asian Fabric magazines
- Robert Kaufman, FQ bundle
- Mary Abreu, Confessions of a Craft Addict, copy of her book
- Julie of jaybird quilts, set of her patterns
- Rachel of p.s. i quilt, some of her patterns
- Bari J's book
- Pat Sloan's book Redwork with a Twist
- Judi from Green Fairy Quilt, 5 patterns
What are you waiting for? Go to Cara's Quilts now and read more about the challenge.